Commuter Choice Administration
A Commuter Choice account allows employees to set aside pre-tax dollars, up to a monthly maximum, to reduce out-of-pocket costs for eligible mass transit, ride-share, and parking expenses. Employer's benefit from payroll tax savings when employees contribute to these tax-free accounts.
Employees can experience a more affordable commute to work by taking advantage of a Parking Account, a Transit Account, or both.
Commuter Choice Parking Account (Parking)
Employees use a Benefit Strategies FlexExpress© debit card for purchases with parking vendors, and charges are deducted from the Parking Account balance. Optionally, if an employee has used their own funds to pay for parking, a claim form and receipt can be easily submitted through the member portal or mobile app for prompt reimbursement.
Commuter Choice Transit Account (Transit)
The Commuter Choice Transit Account allows employees to use pre-tax dollars to pay for work related to mass transit and eligible ride-share expenses.
Employees use a Benefit Strategies FlexExpress© debit card for purchase of any pass, token, fare card, or voucher for mass transit transportation, and charges are deducted from the Transit Account balance.
Eligible mass transit expenses include:
• Bus • Light or regional rail • Streetcar • Trolley • Subway • Ferry • Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority SmarTrip®
Ride-share Expenses including Vanpool, UberPOOL and Lyft Line (Transit)
With the Commuter Choice Transit Account employees can use pre-tax dollars for ride-share services or vanpooling as an alternative to mass transit. This helps employees avoid the stress of delayed trains, missed subways, or can be used as an alternative to driving themselves to work. They can kick back and make the most out of their time spent waiting in traffic.
Employees use a Benefit Strategies FlexExpress© debit card for purchases with transit vendors, including online transit vendors, and charges are deducted from the Transit Account balance.
In partnering with Benefit Strategies for Commuter Choice Administration you can expect:
• Dedicated Account Management, single point of contact for all services
• New England based call center support 24/7
• Phone, Email, Online Chat and Text to Chat access to customer service
• Certified in-house Compliance specialists
• Daily payment processing
Modern Technology & Online Tools
• Secure Employer Portal with training and support
• Secure Member Portal & Mobile account access for employees
• Online and Mobile Claims submission and substantiation
• Multi-account Debit Cards
Other Voya/Benefit Strategies Products
Subscribe to get Voya/Benefit Strategies partner and product updates